Ever wonder how to keep your eye on your pets while you’re at work or just on the go? Worry no more since we have discovered the best pet supplies for this and they are called pet cameras. Today we will be reviewing the top 3 best pet cameras called Furbo, PetChatz and Petzi. All of these pets cameras are highly rated on Amazon so we are sure you find the best suited for you from these three. You can find more pet cams on our Pet cameras section here.
Furbo is highly successful pet camera and for a reason. Here’s few of the awesome features they have on it:
- Treat Tossing: Toss a treat to your dog through the free Furbo iOS/Android app. Fill up to 30 pieces of your dog’s favorite snack and play a game of fetch from anywhere.
- HD Camera & Night Vision: With 720p HD video streaming, a 120° wide-angle view and night vision, Furbo lets you see your entire room, day or night.
- Two Way Chat: Hear and comfort your dogs just like you are right there with them. Furbo has built-in microphone and speakers so you can talk and listen to your pets clearly.
- Barking Alert: Delivers push notifications to your smartphone when your dogs bark so you can soothe them in real time.
As you can see Furbo pretty much has anything you can ask for a pet camera. It has barking detection, wide angle camera with HD video quality and night vision so you can see your pets night and day. As if this wasn’t enough you got your two way microphone to hear and talk to your pet and on top of this the treat dispenser to make your pets day.
We give Furbo 4.5 / 5 stars for its great features and awesome design. Furbo loses half a star for its high cost but for those feature we are ready to buy it any day.
Here’s what people are saying about Furbo:
I was always concerned leaving my puppy home alone because he will cry a lot.. When I got Furbo, things got much better! Furbo sent me notifications to my phone when he was crying, so I would log on and talk to him right away. This changed everything!! My puppy knows I’m always there, so his separation anxiety is getting better. He cries less, and I feel much more relieved.
My puppy and I absolutely love our Furbo! It does everything as advertised. The video from the camera looks great on my iPhone (including night vision) and I appreciate the text alerts whenever he is barking. Also, being able to talk to my dog and throw him treats from my phone are terrific features. As for customer service, I couldn’t be happier when I needed assistance with my device. While it would be nice to have a phone number to call, communication via email was quick and responsive. Overall, a great product for pet owners!
PetChatz has a bit different focus on the pet cameras than Furbo or Petzi. PetChatz has a great camera and microphone, but on top of this they have a small 720p screen so your pet can see you. This is a nice addition to the fact that they also have a treat dispenser, but this way your pet can also see you which is a big plus since it can calm your pets to see that you are there for them. PetChatz also has amazing feature called “calming scents” it can release small amounts of scents that are designed to help to relieve anxious, scared or nervous pets so you don’t have to worry that much of your pet anymore.
Here’s few of the awesome features PetChatz has listed about their device.
- Greet & Treat: Connect and interact with your pet from anywhere through the free PetChatz iOS/Android app or on your desktop
- Two Way Video and Audio: Make your pet smile with the 720p HD screen they can see and interact with
- Pet Safe Design: No corners, edges or cords to chew; attaches securely to your wall as a fully contained unit
- Calming Scent: Specially formulated soothing scents released to help relieve an anxious, scared or nervous pet
- Record and Share: Capture all of your special moments with a video or photo and share with family and friends
PetChatz gets 4.2 / 5 stars on our review for the small screen that your pet can see you, calming scents feature and for the no cords which is a big plus for anyone who has pets who might like the chew on them. Also a big plus for the pet safe round corners.
Here’s what people are saying about PetChatz:
I love my PetChatz!! I am so happy to be able to “call” my dogs when away on vacation. It has made a huge difference to my dogs, and I truly feel it helps them to hear from me when I am gone for an extended period of time. They figured out pretty quickly what the music call means and they run to the PetChatz box to greet me. I love that I can see them and the ability to record their reactions is great. The first time I ever used it, I got fun pic of 3 dogs figuring it out 🙂
We love our PetChatz! We enjoy ours many times a day! Our pups know the treat chime and they can hear a treat drop from many rooms away. All we have to do is hit the chime and the pups come running for yoummy’s. Had some trouble setting this up simply due to operator (my) error but their helpful customer service walked us through set up and now we get to see our pups every time we are away from home. Great product!
Petzi is a simple pet camera with four words for you: see, speak, snap and treat. This really sums up what Petzi is all about. Its a simple, fun and easy to use pet camera with treat dispenser. Its a bit cheaper than the two first ones extremely well done. Now to point out few things that Petzi has and doesn’t have.
Unlike the two first pet cameras we told you about Petzi doesn’t have a screen for your pet to see you or two way microphone so you will only be able to hear your pet, but not the other way around. Then what does Petzi have, well it has a good image quality, easy to use app for iOS and Android and its easy to mount on the wall. It was funded by IndieGoGo and had 735 backers and raised over 130 000 $ so you can be sure its made to last.
Here are some of the features Petzi lists:
- A fun and easy way to connect with and treat your pet from anywhere
- Watch the excitement on your pet’s face when you pop in
- Dispense your pet’s favorite treat with the Petzi treat launcher for a big smile
- Say hello to your pet through the high quality audio
- Capture candid photos of your pet to save or share on your favorite social site
For Petzi we are going to give 4 / 5 stars because its missing some of the awesome features other products have and that it doesnt have a two way microphone so your pet could hear you, but we are ready to forgive this for its affordable price and good overall performance.
Here’s what people are saying about Petzi:
This thing is so cool! You set it up, download the app, connect to your wifi and then you can call your pets! You can ring them, talk to them, give them treats, capture a picture of them, and even see in night vision or color. Great way to keep in touch when your away from home or on a trip. I suggest mounting to Wall because they will mess with it trying to get treats. And there is about a 5 second delay. There’s even a social media aspect to the app so you can share pics with other petzi owners if you care to.
I love the Petzicam cam!!! It gives me comfort when I am away. My only suggestion is reworking the treat dispenser. My smart Dachshund knows how to get in and eat all of the treats!